28.6.11

New Look & a Strawberry Cheesecake

Hey there, everyone! As you know (or may not know) my blog suffered a radical change. Something took over my mind so I decided to change everything. As you now can see, the background's different, also the name & header. But I'm still the same; I'll continue sharing recipes, tips and photographs with you.

Today I came with a Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe.

This recipe is significant for me, because every Christmas or any gathering with family, we always share this cheesecake, we usually don't put any kind of toppings, but this time I decided to put some strawberries on top for better looks & taste.

Cheesecake is one of my family's favorite desserts and not everyone has that "special touch", so when my family said it was delicious and they wanted more, I felt happy & really excited. It was the first time I baked it and it had great acceptance. 

Have you ever had that feeling that comes after being accepted for something? I did that time. That my aunt (the one who bakes it) told me it was great and that I was good at cooking was a boost to my self-esteem, confidence, and everything else.



I've always worked hard for people to like what I do with all my love for them. That's why I like to share recipes with you, so you could have a great moment around a cheesecake or whatever you like, just as I did. You should try it, maybe with a different topping, whatever you like. (I’ve been told cherries on top are yummy)

Strawberry Cheesecake

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
1 stick melted butter (90g)
3 190g packages cream cheese
6 eggs
2 cans condensed milk
1 can strawberry jam
2 cups strawberries in halves


Mix butter & graham crackers together, cover a springform pan with this mixture; you can do it only in the bottom, or also the sides, whatever you think best.

Now in your mixer or blender, mix cream cheese, eggs one by one, and condensed milk until it’s fully incorporated.

Pour the mixture in the mold and bake at 180 °C until the mixture is firm in the center and lightly browned. Take out of the oven and let chill.

While the cheesecake’s cooling prepare the topping. Blend strawberry jam so you don’t have large pieces of fruit, if you want you can sift the blended jam. Mix halved strawberries with blended jam and pour on top of cheesecake when completely cool.

You can serve with some chocolate syrup on top & enjoy it any time of the day.

Cheese-y hugs & jam-y kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment