4.4.11

Birthday Bash!

I'm very excited because last wednesday (March 30th) was MY BIRTHDAY and I threw a party with my closest friends on saturday, I was very excited because of the menu, and of course because hanging with them is just AWESOME! I got the chance to see a friend that I was missing a lot and haven't seen like in a year (that's a lot for me).
So, the party was great, full of laughter, some screaming (because of the pictionary round), well everything that makes a party between gals PERFECT! We are very noisy, but we have lots of FUN.
In the pictionary game we had to draw from Pamela Anderson to an ATM, and everything was just so fun that I ended up with tears because I was laughing so hard!
My first cake pops
Another reason for my excitement was because of the menu I prepared for this day, it was the first time I prepared cake pops, so I was hoping they were good so I could keep on with the cake pop making.
Well, the menu for this special day was:
  • Spaghetti all arrabbiata
  • Pizza (pepperoni, ham&sausage and, pepperoni&sausage)
  • Cake pops



Everyone loved my spaghetti and even though my friends don't eat much they were thrilled with its flavor, also they enjoyed the pizza, but the surprise of the day was that my cake was made of blue & orange cake pops! They were like -OMG, is that really a cake?- I said yes, we sang happy birthday and they started eating them, I couldn't do anything but stare at their faces so I could get a hint of what they thought of the first-timer cake pops. And fortunately they all smiled and said - They are great, you really did them? How?- I was so happy they liked them, and not just because they said so, but because they kept asking me for more! :D
(Later I'll post my recipe for cake pops so you can find out why they liked them so much and some pics from the party) *UPDATE* The step by step recipe for cake pops is HERE!

Well, another thing that made me really happy is that they know how much I love to bake and gave me so beautiful presents that I'll be using soon! Let's start:
    Piggy Wiggy & the baking cups [nice name for a band]
  • The first one I opened was a SO CUTE PIGGY WIGGY TIMER & some Wilton Be My Cupcake Mini Baking Cups
  • 2 pairs of sunglasses, some were blue (my fav color (: ) and others white.
  • Some bracelets
  • Star earrings and a star necklace
  • A blue&brown handmade cushion
  • And last but not least "The Golden Book of Patisserie". There are really great recipes on it and later I'll have to try the recipes from the book and post them. :D
I'm so thankful with my friends for making of this a MAGNIFICENT-MEMORABLE-and-FUN party for a very special birthday.

Wrapped hugs and cake pop kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment