22.3.11

Cookie Quest Part II

I'll tell you something about this Quest! As I've found that everyone has a differet opinion about how they like their Chocolate Chip Cookies the most, I decided to make every wednesday a different recipe. First one chewy and then one crunchy recipe. So I´ll put a name in brackets like (Chewy 1) for you to know what I´m talking about. Later for not saying (or writing) it all, I'll just use C for chewy an K for Crispy-Crunchy, each one with their number. This will also be helpful for the pictures and if you like any recipe you can email me or leave a comment (down there) with the name of the recipe you like and also the number so I know and I can answer as soon as I can.
So... let the battle review  BEGIN....
[DING DING DING... ]

CHEWY VS CRISPY

This has been a great battle, the first two recipes were really tasty, but there were some things that I disliked a bit.
  1. CHEWY 1: They were in fact chewy, but while in the oven they fell flat, really flat. They were huge but thin and that's what I disliked of the first one. Also, they were a bit too sweet for me, and the reason for that is that I used milk chocolate chips, so there was nothing to balance the sweet+sweet flavor. My bet, I know, but as it was the beggining of the quest and I couldn't find any semi-sweet chocolate chips in this tiny city I decided to go forth with milk ones! I´ll never do taht again, unless I mix them with semi-sweet ones.
  2. CRUNCHY 1: The flavor was waaaaaaay better than the first ones, great balance of sweetness, but there was something BAD. They came out of the oven and they looked GORGEOUS! really (you can see in the pictures) I tasted them like 5 minutes later and they were almos perfect, yeah, something was missing, something that I hope I'll find in the next recipes. But, anyway, after they cooled I stored them in a container and the next day, when I took them to my friends they were all hard, but really hard. I don´t know what happened, maybe next time I have to leave them less time in the oven! but we´ll try that later.

I haven't yet decided which will be the recipe for tomorrow, but there's no problem, I'll solve that problem tomorrow at school or before I arrive home.
Well, remember that if you want any of the recipes you should just leave a comment an I´ll answer you as soon as I can.
If you liked the post, the pictures or any recipe, please leave a comment and tell me what you think, or just thank; that'll be nice.

Crunchy hugs and chewy kisses :*

No comments:

Post a Comment