18.11.10

Chocolate Mug Cake

This morning was very cold, so I decided to try something different for breakfast, something that would be cheap, easy, fast, chocolate-y, and warm...yes, that was a lot to ask for! But I came with a great recipe that took me no more that 7 minutes! It was a chocolate cake made in a mug, a huge one, for which I thank my bf, when he visited Chicago he gave me a huge Reeses mug full with peanut butter cups yum! He had asked me to use it, I wasn't sure about that but today was the perfect day for the mug.
I recommend you to try this recipe :) here you can see how it looks!


It was a huge Reeses mug!

Chocolate Mug Cake
4 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon choc chips
1 large mug


First add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well
Then add the egg to your mug and make sure you mix well to avoid pockets of flour in any corner. Now add the milk and butter (this time I used oil because I had no butter in hand). Add vanilla essence and the choc chips (I used white chocolate chips)
Pop your mug into the microwave and zap 3 minutes on maximum power (It depends in each microwave, i.e. in mine I zapped 3 minutes and after that another minute and a half and it was perfect). Wait until the cake stops rising and sets in the mug.
If necessary run a knife around the sides of the mug, when its still warm take it out onto a saucer.


It was moist and delicious! :D
Share your opinion about this recipe, I hope you like it as much as I do!
What do you prefer for a cloudy and cold day?


Chocolate-y hugs & choc chip kisses!
Bon appetit
V

No comments:

Post a Comment