28.4.11

Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (K1)

This is the second recipe for the cookies I've tried on the Cookie Quest!
These cookies were great in flavor, but after a day or so they were really hard, maybe it was something I did wrong, so if you want the recipe, it's after the jump! (:

Ingredients
  • 220 g flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip


Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F). Line your cookie sheets with parchment.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Reserve.
Cream butter with both sugars, add egg and vanilla. Beat until egg is completely mixed in.
Add the flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
As my first batch of cookies started to brown too fast, I lined one baking sheet over another and the other batches of cookies were great.

The only bad thing about this (second attempt) was that the day after I baked them, they were hard, but really hard, I think my friends' teeth hurted.
After all they looked gorgeous! they were like the perfect cookie! Also the flavor was great, I won't deny it. (:

If you have another opinion about this recipe let me know, maybe I did something wrong and that's why they were hard. I'll have to try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment